Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Enjoy Life Choco Boom Bar

Just ate an Enjoy Life Choco Boom Bar. It'll be my last one until they get cornstartch out of their production line.

Immediate Effects after two bites:

  • headache
  • face ache.. around mouth.. feels like it cramps a little
  • wheezing
  • a lot of mucus down throat
  • tight throat
  • very, very tired
  • hands are tight - when I extend my palms and fingers it feels tight and achey in the joints
  • coughing

Enjoy Life Web site says:
The evaporated cane juice powder used in our boom CHOCO boom™ bars (Dairy-Free Rice Milk Bar and Dairy-Free Rice Milk with Crispy Rice Bar) contains corn starch as a processing aid. We are actively looking for a suitable alternative to this ingredient that does not contain corn starch.

Update:

Within about 15 minutes my wheezing went away and the tightness feels better although my throat is sore now. It almost feels scratchy/dry. My cough is better but I do still have a little mucus going on.
I am very tired though. My face still feels crampy/sore and my fingers are still sore/achey.

No comments:

Post a Comment